Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Help Me, Help You: Term Paper Topic Experiment

Dear Shakespearean Cohort Members,

I beseech you. I was here sitting in the library pining for a good paper topic, but the result was nil until I let go absolutely. So I have a novel idea. Okay maybe this idea has been done, but it is new to me. I am asking you my colleagues for a term paper topic. My reasoning for this is that I am going to have to give a 3 minute presentation to the class on the term paper in question. If I give a boring ass presentation that no one gives two shits about then I am not only getting a bad grade but I am effectively wasting your time. Thus I think it would be advantageous to all of us to find a topic to our liking. Just add a comment to this blog post with your term paper topic suggestions. I am open to any and all topics. Let's make this interesting. The more extreme the better. I look forward to reading your ideas.

Cohort Forever,
Roberto Amado-Cattaneo

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad because I tried to post a comment, but I missed a step and it erased. Basically I babbled about how much a liked your paper, and how much I like the quote you picked out at the end to read. Despite no input for your paper, I think you picked a great topic, and I was thoroughly impressed.
    I would love to see your paper, because I am doing a course proposal that is all about making connections across literature. Obviously, your paper did this quite well. I think you made the connection and had great points backing it up. I hope you post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I know this comment is a little late, since you presented on Thursday... But I must say, you did an excellent job. The connection you made between Caliban and Smerdyakov was excellent. I hope you post your paper, because I would love to read it. I am doing this "Course Proposal" for an education class, and it is revolving around archetypes that appear across literary texts. The argument you made in class (and I'm assuming your paper) would go extremely well with my proposed topic.
    Either way, you did a great job. And I think the quote you read at the end of class is one of the more beautiful ones, especially when you pull it out on its own. I think we all want to dream again, when our dreams are better than reality.

    ReplyDelete